Welcome to The Friends of the Falls of Schuylkill Library, simply known as Falls Library. We are a volunteer organization of community members promoting the needs and values of the Falls Library and to raising funds and encouraging gifts for its support. Founded in 1987, the Friends has 200 households whose members volunteer their time to not only organizing and supporting its major fund-raising events, but also to as garden maintenance, and preparing for book sales, or baking for neighborhood events and bake sales. Click here to view or download our Bylaws (PDF).
Funds raised by the Friends provide:
- Books, DVDs and CDs
- Funds for speakers and refreshments for adult and children’s programs
- The support and maintenance of a beautiful, welcoming garden
- Major building enhancements including new flooring and chairs in the Meeting Room
- A state-of-the-art digital projector
- New library furniture, including bookcases, magazine & display racks.
- Support for the adult, children, and teens programs throughout the year
Volunteers are always needed to help on these committees as well as with such activities as baking, graphic design, library work, programming, and programs and events. If you are interested in participating on any of these committees or helping with these activities, please contact the Friends by email firstname.lastname@example.org
We invite you to become a member of the Friends. Please join us in helping to ensure that our library continues to be a strong and continuing presence in East Falls. Click here to learn more.